Annual Ribaat Retreat
Ribaat Retreat 2021 Registration Form
IntroductionThe annual Ribaat Retreat brings together the students, faculty and staff of Ribaat for an unforgettable in-person experience. Learning takes place in small and large group settings, a rigorous worship schedule helps participants put their ibadah on the right track for the year to come, and the community of beloved teachers and fellow students brings home the spirit of Ribaat.
ProgramDays will be filled with lessons focusing on personal growth, worship, group activities, and face-to-face time with teachers. Evenings and nights will be filled with worship, prayer, and Quran reading. A more detailed schedule will be shared with registered retreaters upon arrival.
EligibilityReturning Students: The Ribaat Retreat is open to current and former Ribaat students ages 17 and above. If you have ever taken a course or workshop, even if you were unable to complete it, you are welcome to attend.
New Students: If you have never taken a course, you may register for the retreat and will be automatically enrolled in a course for the Fall 2020 Term. The course registration fee of $100 will be added to the retreat fee. Alternatively, you can register in any of our current workshops or recordings of previous workshops.
Policy on childrenMothers may bring accompanying children with the following conditions:
– It is not a retreat for mother and child, rather a retreat for women with babysitting service.
– Children and infants cannot attend any retreat activities or sessions. Babysitters will be hired to care for the children, and they must stay with their assigned babysitter or mother at all times. Babysitters will be licensed but may not be Muslim.
– Mothers with children or infants must pay for a babysitter or bring a caregiver. Mothers wishing to care for their children will have to do so in a space apart from retreat activities.
– Children over 2 years of age will be subject to accommodation fees (per rules from the venue).
– A separate schedule will be provided for children with playtime and mealtimes, but they will not have their own retreat or program.
– Mothers wishing to bring accompanying children must declare this before June 1st to leave time for arrangements to be made.
– Scholarships are not available for child accommodations or babysitting.
Friday July 17th
Arrive at Dallas Airport by 2:00 pm and arrange transport to the Ascend Retreat Center. (It will take about 25 minutes in an Uber or taxi). Please plan to arrive at the venue no later than 4:00 pm.
2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Registration and site tour.
6:00 pm: Retreat schedule will begin.
Tuesday, July 21st
10:00 am: Retreaters should arrange transportation to depart from Ascend Retreat Center. Returning flights should be scheduled after 1:00 pm.
Raise Me Up
Retreaters will be assigned to their accommodations upon arrival at Ascend Retreat Center. All facilities are shared with other Ribaat retreaters. Accommodations are all cabin style housing with bunk beds.
Preference for lower or upper bunks will be provided on a first-come-first-serve basis to those who make their payment first.
Please note that if you have a medical condition, you will need to register early in order to secure your spot. Please inform us as soon as possible if you have a medical condition and require a lower bunk and/or handicap accessible bathroom and shower.
All retreaters will need to bring their own bedding (pillow, sheets, blanket or sleeping bag) and towels. A full packing list will be sent prior to the retreat. Retreaters will be responsible for keeping their accommodations tidy and clean.
The wi-fi available at the venue is not strong enough to support a livestream, so it will not be possible to livestream the retreat. There is some wi-fi, however, that may be available for retreaters to tweet etc. during break times.
There will be 3 catered meals per full day, with dinner on the day of arrival, and breakfast the morning of departure. Beverages and snacks will also be available throughout the day. If you have special dietary needs or allergies please let us know well in advance.
– Registration Fee: $450
– New Ribaat Students : Additional course registration fee of $100 (if you have not taken a Ribaat course or workshop previously you will need to register for a Fall 2020 class, this fee will be applied to that course as mentioned above.)
– Child Accommodation (ages 3-6): $140
– Child Accommodation (ages 7+): $280
– Babysitting fee (required for each child / baby): $550
– Registration will open March 1st until spots are full. Spots will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be reserved only once payment is received.
– Refunds will not be possible after June 1st.
– All payments will be made through PayPal.
– Registration fees go towards the costs of running the retreat. Teachers and staff are volunteers.
– The registration fee does NOT include airfare or transportation cost between the venue and the airport. Transportation to and from the venue is the responsibility of the retreater.
– The registration fee includes:
–Retreat Welcome Packet
– Payments can be made in 3 monthly installments of $150 each.
– After June 1st, payments can be made in 2 monthly installments.
– Installments will not be available after July 1st.
– Payment can also be made in full to reserve your spot immediately.
There will be no partial attendance fees. All retreaters will need to pay in full even if they will not be attending the entire retreat.
A limited number of partial scholarships will be available. A separate application for scholarships is required. You will find the link to the scholarship application inside the registration form.
Scholarship recipients need to pay a partial registration fee of $100 and make their own travel arrangements between home and the retreat venue.
See you this summer in Dallas, inshallah!
Contact: Call +1 (832) 993-1156 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.