Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director and also serves as a liaison with the Board of Directors and Staff directors and managers, coordinators etc. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
A dynamic, organized, fast-moving, flexible, cheerful person who can think on her feet, get things done with minimal follow-up, and has strong writing skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced always changing environment
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft software; GSuite proficiency and familiarity with IOS
- Detail oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate and communicate between organization departments effectively
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to read, write and communicate skillfully in the English language
- Arabic language capability a plus but not required
- Drivers License and access to a car during working hours
- Completed or pursuing Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- A degree or certificate in Education or NonProfit work or a related field a plus
- Work experience with references
- Submit Myers Briggs Personality Assessment
- Part-time or Full-time depending on applicant
- Flexible hours and work spaces
- Must be local to Minnesota and available to work from the Rabata Cultural Center and perform timely remote tasks as required
The expectation is that this will be a full-time position; it may begin part-time, but would grow into full-time quickly.
Commensurate with experience and education. Health insurance and paid time off.
- Provide comprehensive support services to the Executive Director that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Support Executive Director with internal and external communications
- Conduct research and analysis on issues of interest to the Executive Director
- Support and manage a high-volume of requests and projects to meet the objectives of the Executive Director
- Manage all scheduling and travel logistics for the Executive Director in collaboration with the Administrative Director
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, reports, and memos
- Complete expense reports and manage correspondence with vendors
- Support the Executive Director in strategic communications, organizational strategy, and all other special projects as assigned
- Organize meetings and events for convenings, retreats, various board meetings, and other logistics
- Serve as a liaison to Board of Directors
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including contact management, document management, and archiving
- Manage Executive Director’s social media accounts
- Support Executive Director with donor/funder relations
- Write proposals, reports, and keep track of relevant data
- Support stewardship efforts of the Executive Director
- Run errands as needed
- Assist in other administrative tasks as needed
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.